- Bude town is situated on the Atlantic Heritage Coast of Cornwall ideal for all the family, there are excellent beaches
suitable for surfing, and bathing.
- Bude and nearby beaches provide some of the finest surfing to be had in all England; most beaches have lifeguard cover during the Summer months.
- This once busy port , which served the canal route to
Launceston, has been a popular resort since the 19th century. Its
hard golden sands are flanked by spectacular cliffs. In past the town was notorious
for its wreckers, who plundered the ships that came to grief off the coast..
The town developed when Bude Canal, an
engineering feat was built in 1819-23 for carrying fertilizer
inland and for exporting local produce. The canal is now used for pleasure-boating
The town has excellent facilities with an interesting selection of shops, a large supermarket, and recreational activities, including a modern indoor heated swimming pool. A few minutes from the town centre and you can be
explore the dramatic scenery of the South West Coastal Path, or
walk in some of the most unspoilt rural areas to be found in the South West.
There are two beaches each with their own car parks. The gently
shelving fine sand beaches give plenty of room at low tide. The low
cliffs on the southern beach gives plenty of shelter and there are
rock pools, rocks to be climbed and cliff walks. Both beaches are good
for swimming, there is an area between the beaches reserved for
surfing. In the season the northern beach has life guard
- Local towns and villages to visit..
- On the Bude estuary,
also from the rocks and beaches all along the coast. The Bude
Canal is a noted coarse water. River fishing includes stretches of
the Ottery, Inny, Camel and Tamar.
- Sailing on the Camel Estuary. Harbour authorities
should be consulted about off shore sailing.
- At Bude and Widemouth, with frequent venues for
the National Surfing championships Trebarwith Strand, about a mile
south of Tintagel is good for ordinary surfing.
Bude Caravan and Camping sites
For Sale in Bude