- Lostwithiel once the capital of Cornwall and a thriving
tin, iron and wool port, now a pleasant rural
town on the banks of the river Fowey.
- Near by is Restormal Castle a fine example of a
- Local towns and villages to visit..
- On the Bude estuary,
also from the rocks and beaches all along the coast. The Bude
Canal is a noted coarse water. River fishing includes stretches of
the Ottery, Inny, Camel and Tamar.
- Sailing on the Camel Estuary. Harbour authorities
should be consulted about off shore sailing.
- At Bude and Widemouth, with frequent venues for
the National Surfing championships Trebarwith Strand, about a mile
south of Tintagel is good for ordinary surfing.
For Sale in Lostwithiel