- Perranporth with a long sandy beach the village is popular as a holiday resort for families and good
- Once a mining port the sand has now covered all such traces, as it has of the chapel of St Piran
the patron saint of miners. East of Perranporth, near the village of
Rose, is Piran Round, an Iron Age fort transformed into a circular
"playing place" where medieval miracle plays were
Places to see
- Local towns and villages to visit..
- Port Isaac
- Sea Fishing in
Newquay from the Camel Estuary and beach at Perranporth. Shark
fishing can be arranged from Newquay.
- Sailing on the Camel Estuary. Harbour authorities
should be consulted about off shore sailing.
- Newquay is the main centre. Surf-boards can be
hired on all the main beaches. Championships are often held at
Perranporth Caravan and