- Camborne's history lay in the mining industry and it
still has the important Camborne School of Mines.
- Graduates from the School have served in mines around the world.
It has been said if you shouted "Hoy Jan" down any pit in the world
a Cornishman would answer you.
- It has a main line railway station and lies on the main
A30 trunk road. Local sites of interest include a Cornwall Heritage Centre, the School of
Mines and the South Crofty Tin Mine.
- Local towns and villages to visit..
- Sea Fishing from the
Pier, shore and rocks at Falmouth; also off-shore fishing. Shark
fishing can be arranged with local fishermen.
- Falmouth is the main centre with a regatta in
August. Boats may be hired at Falmouth.
For Sale in Camborne