- St.Ives began to attract artists eighty years ago because
of it's picturesque cluster of brightly painted cottages, gleaming white sands, and fleet
of fishing boats.
- Today it is a magnet for Thousands of tourists every
year. Once the centre of the Cornish pilchard fishing industry, it is now mainly a tourist
- Unlike so many
beautiful towns and villages St.Ives has managed to retail its rail
link to the rest of the country, albeit slightly truncated to
provide a car park. The views from the train windows as it
approaches the town are outstanding.
- A dog
ban is in place on St.Ives harbour between Easter and October.
- Local towns and villages to visit..
- Land's End
- St.Michael's Mount
- Excellent shore fishing around the coast. Boats can be hired at Penzance for sea fishing..
- Surfing from Sennen Cove, St.Ives and Hayle.
Sailing and water-skiing at Penzance, Marazion and St.Ives
St.Ives Hotel Accommodation
St.Ives Caravan and Camping