- Hessenford the village is a pretty cluster of late 17th and early
18th century cottages in a beautiful wooded valley, a village which
is on the main Plymouth to Looe road.
- Originally called Hessenford, believed to mean the witches' ford / place in the
woods, its earliest records being of the mill in 1286.
- Local towns and villages to visit..
- Saltash Cornwall.
- Looe is the centre for shark fishing, and fully
equipped boats can be hired. There is good fishing on the Fowey
- There is good sailing to be had at Looe, Polperro
and Fowey. Fowey and Polperro have regattas in Aug, Polperro in