- Portwrinkle was once a small but flourishing village with its early 17th century
pilchard cellars and small harbour situated halfway between Plymouth and Looe.
- The ancient walls of the fishing cellars still remain.
- Alive with colour and visitors in the summer, Portwrinkle becomes its own self in the
winter, a place of the sound of the sea and wind and of its own inner stillness.
Two sand and shingle beaches, with rock pools. Car park, toilets and
refreshments nearby. Easy access. Bathing unsafe on outgoing tides
due to strong currents.
- Local towns and villages to visit..
- Saltash Cornwall.
- Looe is the centre for shark fishing, and fully
equipped boats can be hired. There is good fishing on the Fowey
- There is good sailing to be had at Looe, Polperro
and Fowey. Fowey and Polperro have regattas in Aug, Polperro in